Digital Marketing Manager (Wellness eCommerce Startup).
Digital Marketing managers rock!
Hi, we’re Aletha.
Aletha Health creates tools to release muscle tension and address the root causes of pain. We grew from the ground-up (or the garage-up) through innovation, lean methodology, and people-power to become a proven competitor in the health and fitness space.
We owe a lot of our success to our collaborative culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment. Our core values include: positive impact, freedom, questioning the status quo, radical transparency, and continuous improvement. These values permeate everything we do together, as a team and as a company.
We are a safe, inclusive, drama-free environment. We hustle smart, we hustle together, and we don’t shove anything under the rug. You are welcome here.
This is what it’s like to work with us:
- We love working together, and we laugh a lot. It probably helps if you think we’re funny.
- We are a start-up. Most of us live in the SF Bay Area, and we rarely work a standard Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
- Our meetings happen more often around kitchen tables, coffee shops, and fire pits than conference rooms.
- We trust our team members to take full ownership of their projects, ask clarifying questions, and create a collaborative, not competitive, environment.
- You will be supported in the ways you want to grow and challenged to find your edge
This is where you come in:
Having a growth hack mindset and being resourceful, you’ll own the implementation and execution of a variety of marketing projects from beginning to end in accordance with Aletha’s aggressive business goals, timelines and KPI's. You will proactively implement programs to drive site traffic and customer acquisition by improving existing channels and developing new ones. Note that, since you will have your hands in several projects, there will be the opportunity for a lot of career growth.
You have solid knowledge of email marketing, organic social media and promotions (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook - including groups, etc), advertising/media channels (social ads, SEM, display, SMS etc), SEO, Influencer marketing. You are always thinking of creative and unconventional ways to hack exponential growth. You are highly ROI- and data-oriented, and you are as comfortable compiling and analyzing marketing data reports as you are crafting compelling marketing stories.
- Hands-on implementation of omni-channel marketing initiatives and promotions to efficiently drive customer acquisition and retention
- Facilitate the customer journey through all stages of the marketing funnel
- Launching campaigns through several marketing apps (FOMO, Pop-up apps, Email capture, etc), always optimizing the current campaigns by running A/B tests.
- Facilitate daily, real-time engagement with other internal teams, external partners, ambassadors, communities and various incoming requests.
- Manage FB group community
- Execute marketing funnels by creating forms, email sequences and possibly landing pages based on templates.
- Manage content creators/influencers programs, by providing relevant content ideas, digital assets and maintaining constant communication.
- Help project manage the creation of collateral for sales and wholesale - which may vary from printed brochures to complex email sequences.
- Repurpose PR mentions on various channels: blog, website, social media, ads, email, etc.
- Manage the optimization of YouTube videos and descriptions following best practices
- Ongoing experimentation and optimization of digital marketing efforts across all channels in order to drive qualified traffic, increase conversion, and improve customer experience. (Social Media, Social Ads, Display Ads, SEO, Email Marketing, SMS, PPC, PR, Event Marketing, etc)
- Manage 3rd-party partners; communicate campaigns, goals, monthly sales numbers etc.
- Drive audience growth and affinity with different target audiences and personas (fitness, practitioners, mind&body, etc), through smart content distribution, influencers, and PR, as well as automation tools.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve site user experience and net sales based on site analytics.
- Work collaboratively with the content team and web developers to continue to evolve and improve website assets.
- Manage digital marketing reporting and dashboards, which includes facilitation of data collection from several sources (Google Analytics, email platforms, customer service tools, etc). Report on results (weekly, monthly and quarterly) and make recommendations to help evolve our performance and effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, explore and implement new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Contribute best practices within marketing, including the prioritization of tasks, campaign testing, emerging platform trials, documentation of processes, and improvements to the customer experience.
- Continually develop and maintain expertise on how to make up for the diminishing customer data due to privacy policies.
You also may be asked to:
- Help setting up and manage new marketing channels.
- Lead email and SMS marketing including planning, implementation, analysis and optimization.
- Make tweaks to the website (directly or indirectly), including troubleshooting any errors
- Write copy for emails, pop-ups, social media, and sections of the website.
- Create and edit graphics in Canva (or Adobe Suite).
- Research new technology, negotiating pricing, following up on requests, and regularly monitoring martech performance.
- Help inform recommendations for acquisition strategies as part of the acquisition team (new channels, audiences, tactics, bidding strategies, segments) including A/B tests to scale revenue and KPIs.
- Research possible new vendors and other strategic partners with potential to drive positive business impact.
- Create and edit daily content for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest - as well as repurpose existing social media posts in new social media channels.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 3-5 years managing digital marketing for an e-commerce company (D2C)
- Exceptionally strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized with serious project management chops
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with excellent prioritization and problem solving abilities
- Data-driven; clear understanding of B2C ecommerce and marketing metrics - proven understanding of how to apply data insights to digital marketing activities that brings the most impact to ROI.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and evolving high-growth startup environment
- Growth hack attitude and mindset (must be conversion oriented)
- Proficient in Canva, Asana, Email Marketing Platforms (ActiveCampaign experience a plus), Shopify, CRM tools, Pop-up apps
- Extensive Google analytics knowledge is a must
- Basic knowledge of html
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc) - Especially spreadsheets (create sales/performance reports)
- Social media management, including Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest
- Knowledge of affiliate and influencer marketing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an independent and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with marketing to wholesale and Amazon store is a plus
- Experience marketing to clinicians and practitioners (Physical Therapist, Chiropractors, Athlete coaches) desirable
- Bachelor degree desired
- English speaker - Native proficiency
- Good attitude (and humor) is a must!
- Passion for taking care of yourself and others, highly desirable.
We highly value these qualities on our team:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset — You naturally take ownership of projects and are able to work autonomously, seeking input and collaboration along the way.
- A top-notch communicator — You pride yourself on being clear, effective, and empathetic in your verbal and written communication. You speak up and proactively communicate without fear of challenging the status quo. You know that’s where growth happens!
- A level-headed leader — You keep calm under pressure and can roll with the ever-changing pace of a startup environment
- Eyes on the prize – you know when to take yourself out of the weeds and keep projects moving with the big picture and the end user in mind.
- A data-driven decision-maker — You measure success by quantitative impact and outcomes, rather than output
- Able to balance macro and micro – Ability to think long and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
Nitty Gritty about this career choice (yes, this is more than a job)
- It’s a Full-time position
- Remote, with occasional travel to the SF Bay Area
- Salary DOE
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and Life Insurance
HOW TO APPLY:
To qualify for an interview:
- You need to live and be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
- Send an email to adriana @ alethahealth.com with your resume and a customized cover letter (YES, a customized cover letter! When did people stop doing this?!) In your letter, please include your answer to these questions:
- Describe in detail the most successful marketing campaign you have managed? What were the qualitative and quantitative results?
- In your view, what are the most important elements to consider when structuring a marketing campaign?
- Describe in detail the creative ways on how you would structure funnels to move the dial in D2C product sales.
- Have you worked in a small company/startup before? If yes, what do you see as the pros and cons of the controlled chaos?
Aletha is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone. We do our best to make sure all people are valued, heard, treated with respect, and feel supported and connected at work.
We can’t wait to hear from you!