Hiring Influencer Marketing Manager. Influencer Marketing managers rock!
Hi, we’re Aletha.
Aletha Health creates tools to release muscle tension and address the root causes of pain. We grew from the ground-up (or the garage-up) through innovation, lean methodology, and people-power to become a proven competitor in the health and fitness space.
We owe a lot of our success to our collaborative culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment. Our core values include: positive impact, freedom, questioning the status quo, radical transparency, and continuous improvement. These values permeate everything we do together, as a team and as a company.
We are a safe, inclusive, drama-free environment. We hustle smart, we hustle together, and we don’t shove anything under the rug. You are welcome here.
This is what it’s like to work with us:
- We love working together, and we laugh a lot. It probably helps if you think we’re funny.
- We are a start-up. Most of us live in the SF Bay Area, and we rarely work a standard Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
- Our meetings happen more often around kitchen tables, coffee shops, and fire pits than conference rooms.
- We trust our team members to take full ownership of their projects, ask clarifying questions, and create a collaborative, not competitive, environment.
- You will be supported in the ways you want to grow and challenged to find your edge
Here’s where you come in:
The Influencer Marketing Manager will be building our influencer marketing program from the ground-up – strategy and execution – and taking full ownership of the Influencer program at Aletha. You’ll be executing integrated marketing campaigns and projects in partnership with influencers and ambassadors across social platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
This is a great match if you have these skills:
You’re a strategic and tactical builder: You understand the ins and outs of influencer marketing and can build an influencer program from the ground up. You keep an eye on the bigger picture while getting your hands dirty making sure the program is successful.
You’re a natural relationship-builder and connector: You have enviably strong written and verbal communication skills with which to negotiate and communicate effectively with influencers from diverse verticals and backgrounds, including agents, creators, and vendors.
You have an eye for content: you’ll be developing briefs to produce high-value and high-performance, co-created content with high-level talent as well as facilitating campaigns that work with influencers. You’re excited to think outside of the box and quickly adapt creative and concepts to shifting cultural moments.
You’re a closer: You’ll be negotiating terms and contractual agreements, and managing relationships that require deliverables and follow-up. You know what motivates influencers, and you’re able to balance their needs with Aletha’s goals.
You’re not afraid of data: You’ll be using your strong analytical skills, using data to evaluate the success of your campaigns, inform your strategy, and pivot accordingly.
You’re a professional juggler: You’re able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, iterate quickly, and drive projects to completion (without dropping all the balls).
You’ll hit your stride quickly if you’re comfortable with these tasks:
- Developing and managing the strategic and tactical vision for the influencer channel
- Identifying, attracting, recruiting, evaluating, and managing relevant partners, from individual customer advocates to major influencers across a wide range of verticals
- Designing and implementing an effective and scalable influencer onboarding flow
- Building and executing the influencer program leveraging data and insights that tie back up to our overall marketing goals
- Managing day-to-day interaction and logistics with influencers and partners
- Strategizing, planning, and executing influencer marketing initiatives at scale (e.g. contests, offline activations, promotional opportunities, and product tutorials) on our existing and future social channels (e.g. Instagram, YouTube, Facebook Group and LinkedIn)
- Defining creative strategy for branded content, writing creative briefs and pitching concepts for key influencers and partners
- Managing a roster of top content creators and recommending best practices with a goal of increasing account performance and driving loyalty for Aletha Health
- Establishing benchmarks and measuring the impact of influencer and strategic partnerships from a quantitative and qualitative approach
- Structuring contracts and incentives to drive influencer channel revenue growth with the best LTV:CAC
- Managing campaign optimization and operation - creative design & performance reporting
- Designing and executing A/B tests on influencers incentives based with data findings
- Forecasting and reviewing weekly and monthly performance
- Generating insights on the impact of influencer marketing activities and branded content, as well as providing a POV on the most effective ways to measure the channel
- Troubleshooting platform pixels, UTM tags, tracking and tech platforms
- Maintaining a strong pulse on influencer marketing trends and translating findings into actionable strategy
It will be helpful if your career journey involved most of this:
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience running influencer marketing strategy from the brand side - ideally for a D2C brand (Influencer agency experience will also be considered)
- A proven track record of creating influencer relationships that convert.
- Experience with negotiating partnerships deals with various payment models (CPA, CPM, CPC, etc).
- Expert affiliate/influencer marketing platform management (GoAffPro, ShareASale, etc). Experience setting up / migrating affiliate marketing platforms is a plus.
- Experience creating or managing a data-driven Influencer program, with an eye towards KPIs.
We highly value these qualities on our team:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset — You naturally take ownership of projects and are able to work autonomously, seeking input and collaboration along the way.
- A top-notch communicator — You pride yourself on being clear, effective, and empathetic in your verbal and written communication. You speak up and proactively communicate without fear of challenging the status quo. You know that’s where growth happens!
- A level-headed leader — You keep calm under pressure and can roll with the ever-changing pace of a startup environment
- Eyes on the prize – you know when to take yourself out of the weeds and keep projects moving with the big picture and the end user in mind.
- A data-driven decision-maker — You measure success by quantitative impact and outcomes, rather than output
- Able to balance macro and micro – Ability to think long and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
Nitty Gritty about this career choice (yes, this is more than a job)
- It’s a Full-time position
- Remote, with occasional travel to the SF Bay Area
- Salary DOE
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and Life Insurance
HOW TO APPLY:
To qualify for an interview, send an email to adriana @ alethahealth.com with your resume and a customized cover letter (YES, a customized cover letter! When did people stop doing this?!) In your letter, please provide links to writing/content samples and include your answer to these questions:
- Describe in detail the most successful influencer marketing campaign you have managed? What were the qualitative and quantitative results?
- In your view, what are the most important elements to consider when structuring an influencer marketing program?
- Describe in detail the creative ways on how you would structure a program to partner with the most number of relevant influencers on a very limited budget.
- Have you worked in a small company/startup before? If yes, what do you see as the pros and cons of the controlled chaos?
We can’t wait to hear from you!